In the early years that I had,
I was carefree, never had a worry,
I mooched off my parents,
& lived in their pad.
When school ended,
I started looking for boys.
I thought I should have a family.
It was time to forget all the toys.
Pretty soon, I had found a looker.
He so nice, cute & ready for love,
My parents said, “oh, what a Sucker!”
Before I knew it, I was becoming a Mom.
I was scared! What was I thinking?
I had killed the house plants, and was hated by the dog!
Dirty Diapers and babies crying all night,
and what happened to my Hips?!
Surely this can not be right!
It happened so fast, I went from one kid to four!
I forget their names, clothes & shoes,
they’re going to grow up and hate me for sure!
If the house is quiet and you hear no rumble, be on alert,
There is someone missing, Up to something, and in Big Trouble!
Sometimes it’s too tough! Problems I can’t seem to mend.
Then Dad comes home not surprised to find me crying in the pantry again!
Here at home with these kids makes me so tired.
This is way harder than a career and
there is no one to say ‘Your Fired!’
We play Ring around the Rosie’s and Hide & Go Seek.
I always stay hidden for a long while.
I just need some peace!
One kid has painted on the wall another innocently called me fat!
One has gum in her hair!
I am on my last nerve! I can’t take this crap!
Too many days my spirits start to harden!
I think its time to sneak some marijuana
seeds into my dying herb garden!
Going to the store is an added plus.
‘It’s a good idea; we’ll have fun for sure’ I say,
but instead, in the store I swear and cuss!
They are all so mischievous you see,
when a crowd of strangers were all around,
one passed gas so loud, and then blamed it on me!
Sleep is always put off for me.
There is always a cry in the house,
a fear of a spider,
or a bleeding skinned knee.
I know I am complaining a causing a fuss.
However, you need to know, I love my husband and kids.
A Family is definitely a must!
I love them so much they are so cute and so small,
I love to play with them
They trust me to catch them when they fall.
Weeds will grow in our way and make it rough,
we as moms, simply need to put your
gloves on and spray with Round Up!
It’s funny no matter how bad I do,
the burnt dinners and being late for School,
my kids never notice, and quickly reply, ‘I love you too’!
I could never walk away, even if I tried.
Truth is I have never been happier.
I am learning, don’t take it so seriously. Just smile & Sigh.
They are going to grow and they will get it right.
They will thank me for what I have taught them.
They’ll do well and see beyond their sight.
6 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!
Cute poem! I can totally relate. I was so frustrated and depressed today and then Kelty FINALLY (after sitting there for over an hour) pooped in the potty. I about lost it right before she did it but then I had to change my attitude...
Now if I can get my cute girls to take a nap, I want one too,hmm...
YOUR FIRED!
Jeff says he fired you once he can fire you again.---
Jeff wanted me to post those comments. I had he read it because its so true and you did a GREAT job. I didn't know you were that talented. I loved the fired part. Thats funny. Everything was right on the nose of things. Good Job.! Do you ever try and get them published? You should. Its your birthday? I thought it was your birthday in April or May.
that was a great peom I can totally relate to that...but with my son cause he has been lying to me and time out hasn't been working so I put him to bed with out his favorite drink. and it works.
Wow!! All of that is so true. You always did know how to write well. :)
I found you on Kim's blog. Always fun to find a new blog to add.
Post a Comment