
Lets be honest. Do you really think I was going to wait for Christmas for this book? Come On People! It was calling my name from my husbands secret hiding place. So, while he was at work, I snuck over to the trunk of his car and got it out. I must say that he did not do such a bad job on the rest of the gifts he got me either. Although, I can wait till Christmas to get those.
Now, before I tell you the results of the night, I must fill you in on Jeremy and I's cooking relationship. I will be brief.
HE THINKS HE IS BETTER THAN ME! And, honestly, he usually it. But I have skills! You see, I was born and raised in a restaurant. He never set foot in a restaurant kitchen until he met and married me. So, naturally, I took for granted the fact that I would be better in a kitchen than he. What I did not realize is that God gives us certain gifts at birth. Jere was born with a kitchen spoon. Me, not so much. Even though I can hold my own, his comes more naturally and I have to work at it. So if I can impress him with any cooking what so ever without him telling me what I should have done different, then I have achieved. My ego takes bruises all the time, and when I feel the need to remind him that I birthed all his children and that he will never be as good at that than I will, and certainly, how can he argue with that??
So, off like a prom dress to the store and home again to anxiously start my new recipe.
It was very easy to make and very fast. Plus I had some old friends stop by while cooking it and it had smelled up the house. They were coveting my cooking skills. I just know it.
Judge Jeremy's Rating; "This is Good, you could make this again. The meat mixture would also be good in a layered lasagna."
I totally agreed! I wanted to run out of my house screaming 'YES MARGRET! RHEANNA CAN COOK!!'
6 Servings Prep: 35 min. Bake: 30 min.
Ingredients
1-1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
1/2 teaspoon onion salt
3 cups cooked yolk-free wide noodles
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Directions
In a large nonstick skillet, cook the turkey, mushrooms, onion and green pepper until turkey is no longer pink. Add spaghetti sauce and onion salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
Place cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour meat mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: 1 serving equals 392 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
No comments:
Post a Comment