Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Strawberry Glaze Pie

I made this pie for someone else. When my husband saw it he had to keep it and I ended up giving the neighbors the boring apple pie. Good idea from my hubby because it was so good, I had to figure out how I did the ingredients and put it into a recipe. So here it is!
Easy & Yummy!


6 cups of whole strawberries, halved
1 cup sugar

3 Tbls Cornstarch

3/4 Cups Water

Red Food Coloring

1 Baked Pie Shell (See my Super Easy Pie Dough Recipe!)

Whipped Cream


Take 1 cup of the strawberries away from the remaining and set a side larger amount for later. Mash the one cup of strawberries and set them aside too.

Take a sauce pan over med-high heat and mix the cornstarch and sugar. Then add the water and mashed berries. Stirring the whole time, bring to a boil. Once it is boiling good, continue to stir another 2-3 minutes.

The red food coloring is optional. If you want it, then add a few drops now.

Let cool for 10 minutes.

Once cooled, I took about 1/3 cup and spread the mixture on the bottom of the crust as well as the sides. Arrange the remaining berries that you set aside in the pie shell and pour the rest of the mixture around the berries. Chill for an hour or so, then serve with whipped cream.

No comments: