I crafted my pants and I couldn't be happier! I'm so excited about this that I have to blogboast.
I can't believe I actually finished the entire project all the way through...
I love canvas photo's and I learned how to do this myself. It can be pricey and I am glad I got this to work.
Materials you will need...
Black & white photo printed from your home computer (Not color despite the photo I've shown above)
Gel Medium
Blank 8 x 10 Stretched Canvas
Lg. Paint Brush
Modge Podge (Matte or Spray Gloss)--Not Pictured
Water Bottle
Step One:
Generously apply gel medium to the blank canvas. I started doing that before I took the material picture above so you can see my method and where I was headed with it.
Also Note:
I initially printed off a color photo that did NOT work for this project. You'll see why later.
Step Two:
Once I had a generous amount of gel medium brushed on, I placed the photo (photo side down) as centered as I could and pressed it against every inch of the canvas working through it with my fingers. Let this dry for several hours or overnight.
Step Three:
Once dry, spray liberally with a water bottle. Gently pull wet paper away with your fingers. This gets really time consuming and messy.
The reason why a black and white photo is better is because it is normal to rub some color pigment off the canvas. Using a black and white makes the photo look old and rustic. When I used a color picture It looked like a ruined project.
Step Four:
Once you feel like you have enough paper rubbed off then you are ready to seal it. I used a spray Modge Podge Gloss. You can brush it on with a Modge Podge Matte finish too if you would like.
This is a wedding gift to the bride! She's gonna love it!






No comments:
Post a Comment