Dont forget to sign the linky at the bottom!
Week three. I still feel fat. I am not doing so well. I need Jillian Micheal's to come scream obscenities at me until I want to punch her in her rock hard abs. But that would probably just hurt my fist. I am looking forward to the Season Premiere of The Biggest Loser. I always get bu-kuu motivation from that.
My Recaps.
Week One-Couch to 5K.
Week Two No dairy or Carbs.
I did more Couch to 5K thing. It still feels really awkward. I am not stopping. Although I would I would suggest getting really good workout music so that your not running around the track with songs in ear such as, "How'm I supposed to breate with no air? No air? No airehhhhhh?" and "If you look closer it's easy to trace, the tracks of my tears..."
So that's the recap. I definitely second Jennifer's last Guest Post about getting clothes that you feel good about working out and being seen in. Very motivating!
Week Three's Just One Change-Buy a scale. I used to think that you didn't need a scale. Just measure your fitness buy the way your clothes feel. Too tight, then obviously, get some fitness in. Too lose, go down a size.
Then I realized that there is around a 15 pound difference in 'too loose' or 'too tight' in the same size pants. So, if you had a scale, you would notice in 5 pounds that your slipping away, not in 15. Make sense?
"How'm I suppose to breath with no air? No air? No air-eeehh....!"
It is really hard to get workouts in. My target bike broke again. I may, or may not have sworn viciously and kicked it several times while wearing my new workout clothes one block away from my house. That in itself may, or may not have been my workout for the day.
I did some Bike Window Shopping. (what is that? Bike Window shopping? Like Jumbo-Shrimp??) and I picked out a bike that was like $350. *sigh* I can't justify spending $350 dollars on me before Christmas. So, I
I really want to go to the gym, but honestly, I feel too fat to go to the gym! Isn't that the most ridiculous thing ever??
Yes, Big Mama it is. That is what the Gym is for. Fat people to get in shape, and skinny people to stay that way.
I know, I know! But who really wants to be behind Big Mama on the treadmill!
Big Mama! That is RE-DIC-U-LUS!!
Well I know, but that is how I feel, and you can't tell me that others don't feel that way too!
That is the end of this public conversation with myself.
I wanna do Zumba, but Fat people don't do Zumba! I think there should be a weight class to exercising like there is in wrestling. Different Classes. I wanna go to the gym with a bunch of 400lb people so I can feel like the skinny chick!
Not Gonna Happen, Big Mama. *Sigh*
Where was I? Week Three. Yeah, buy a scale. Take it to gym, alter it 15 pounds on the plus and weigh the skinny chicks...
No Big Mama. Just buy a scale.
Okay, so I bought the scale a day later. I weighed myself. I then threw it up on the shelf in the back of my closet. That was $15 dollars that could have gone to
It's a good thing that I am doing this. I believe I can do it and I believe that next week, when I weigh in, it will be lower.
This weeks guest poster Andi from This Random Life tells us why we can do it.
What first inspired me to change? I think most of us could say alot has inspired us to want to change, but doing it of course is another thing. We do the fad dieting for a day, eat bad the next, then say we will start something new the following day. So after doing this for years, and yes I'm only 25, it was time. I got up one morning, put my scrubs on for work, and they were tight. Scrubs??? Tight??? So that evening I went to Weight Watchers and signed up! Weighing in at 180.6 lbs.. (I'm only 5'1")
How is my life different? Everything is different. My self-image most definitely! I feel comfortable in a pair of jeans (mostly), I can shop easier, my attitude is better because I feel better, and I'm healthy! I really do feel like a different person and only for the better!
What joy have I experienced? I think the best thing to experience is when people haven't seen you for a while and they say things like, "Oh my gosh, you look great!" or, "How much weight have you lost?", "What are you doing?" Or even everyday people I work with commenting, these people whom see me Monday through Friday noticing makes me motivated to keep going!
What advice would you give to anyone who may believe that there is no hope for them to be fit or healthier? 1st-You can do it. If you stick with that attitude, (yes I still struggle EVERYDAY with this), you really can do it! 2nd- Support. You need people in your life that are willing to eat healthy too, whether it be a wife,husband, co-worker, mother, father, sibling, best friend, anyone. This has helped me tremendously. My boyfriend and I try to cook healthy all the time and without him I would have gotten off track! (Because I did get off track every now and then, but everyday is new and everyday I can do better!)3rd- There is no limit. Whether you weigh 500 lbs or 120 lbs, being healthier has no bounds. The "skinny people" will just stay thin and have good blood pressure and cholesterol and the "heavier people" will lose lose lose and have good blood pressure and cholesterol! Just because you may have 300 + lbs to bite the bullet doesn't mean you can't do it. And lastly, there is hope. We all looked at this blog for a reason. We are in this together, reach out, everyone struggles sometimes, I bet even the "skinny people!"
What is one change everyone could make right now that would help? Drink water. Water flushes fat. Start there. Add a slice of lemon, lime, or orange. You can do this!
PS. Last WW weigh in 147.4, equaling 33.2 lbs lost :) It has been about a year since I decided to change, it may come off slow, but it will come off! Goal weight: 132 lbs.
13 comments:
New follower here! My friend is Andi from This Random Life, so I came to read her guest post and loved your blog in the process! I am just starting my weight loss journey at http://ready2gethealthy.blogspot.com
Still laughing about weighing the skinny girls!!!!
Good work, good fun. The money invested in a good bike is worth it, Big Mama. Even if it's money spent on yourself. Also, your linky thing is a pain in the butt, so I'm not linking, but I was here, and I love you.
I'm so looking forward to the Biggest Loser. That show motivates me to get off my rear and do something about my unhappy self image.
we are LOVERS and SUPPORTERS of biggest loser as well...LOVE that show! I hate hearing you are too ashamed to go workout in a gym, like you said, that's what they are there for. I know sometimes we walk in there and think its an episode of the Bachelor, but REALLY...you should feel GOOD about walking in there ready for change! If we lived in the same state, I'd go with ya! HANG IN THERE!!!
WAHOOO bring on The Biggest Loser!!!
I feel the same way about going to the gym!!
Stopping by from Catch a Wave! I'm your newest GFC follower
www.mamalovesherbargains.com
Stopping by from WW! I'm your newest follower! I'm pulling for you! (and you might be motivating me to make the change, too!)
Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin
Love your post! Definitely follow. Thanks for sharing.
I'm a new follower. I LOVE this one change a week. It is something that is totally doable and will create good habits. I'll be joining you.
I also love the biggest loser. It is so motivating for me.
And I am not a fan of workign out in a gym. I am so looking forward to moving in 4 weeks coz I will be setting up one of the rooms in our house as a gym. YAY!
Have fun with the weightloss.
The biggest loser, great motivation, you dont want to be one, A loser yet you definetly want to be the other A GREAT loser.
I can see which one you are going for. Load and Loads of Luck
Post a Comment