Monday, August 16, 2010

Memory Monday & Family-isms

You know those simple, yet funny, sometimes eye rolling things your parents, and soon your in-laws say all the time? Catch phrases maybe? Here are some of ours taken from both sides of the family.

When my dad was asked for something from us kids, like money, later curfew, or the like, He'd say, 'Want in one hand, crap in the other. See which one fills up faster.' Thanks Dad.

A favorite one of mine that I tell my kids all time, which applies to everyone In my opinion think, "Don't believe everything you think."

When sweating, My mom would say, 'It's hotter than a Popcorn Fart in here!'

My Dad would say when stressed 'I feel like a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest!'

When my father-in-law was hungry or fasting, he'd always say, "I haven't eaten' since yesterday and tomorrow will be the third day."

My favorite towards my kids, 'What-ever!' in the valley-girl tone.

When working hard, and not feeling like your getting ahead, my Dad will always say, 'Don't let the ______tards win!'

My Moms more popular one, 'I fell like I have been shot at and missed, ____ at and hit!'

Or when I complain about having so many kids, my Dad would also say, 'Well, thats they gettin you get for the gettin you got!'....o-kay! Thanks again Dad.

16 comments:

wacki04@TheKing'sCourt IV said...

New follower from Mingle Monday! Hop you can stop by and return the follow :)

http://thekingscourt4.blogspot.com/

My Life Under the Bus said...

Lol - whenever one of the kids does or says something...ahem....brilliant...we like to say "whose side do you think that was ?" or just shout out, "Mine!" OR "Yours!". One of my husbands sayings is, " If your gonna get one...get a big one." ( Helps in alot of various situations)

Peggy said...

Your parents are too funny!
I'm following from Mailbox Monday
PegsPlay
matternu@gmail.com

Nickie said...

lol...if I had a nickel for every time I heard 'want in one hand, crap in the other' growing up, I'd be rich!!! Guess I wanted a lot...lol

I found you through Meet & Greet Monday. Love your blog, and am now your newest follower!!!

Hope you'll visit me sometime!

http://www.nofse.com

Chubskulit Rose said...

Following from Follow us Monday Morning. Hope you can return the blog love.

Erin Wallace said...

My grandpa used to tell me that I could hear a fly fart 50 feet away - I actually love that one.

xo Erin

Gretchen said...

hee hee those are pretty funny. My husband says the same thing as your dad, except his is "Wish in one hand and spit in the other." I guess his is more G-rated than your dad's! LOL

Just hopping by from SITS. have a great day!!

Kelly Polizzi said...

follower from tuesday train! nice to meet you.

Kristine said...

Hi! I am hopping over to follow you from the Tuesday Train.You have a nice blog. (c:

Steph @ Professors_Wife said...

HAHA! I love these! My favorite is from my father in law, who has PLENTY of "isms", lol: "I'm madder than a scalded ape!"

I have no idea... what that even means, but it makes me laugh every time.

Thanks for stopping by from FMBT!

Unknown said...

I'm your newest follower from TTA!

www.firstcametwins.com

Cristin said...

Following you from http://inmycoatofmanycolors.blogspot.com

Mommy Minded said...

I am your newest follower!
I hope youll have a few minutes to follow back and enter some great giveaways!

Megan
www.mommyminded.blogspot.com
Christmas Countdown Giveways!

Kimi said...

Add cuss words to your phrases and they are my family's LOL... I always tell my kids "Wish in one hand, SPIT in the other and see which fills up first." It's my edited version, lol

Truthful Mommy said...

I love it! Your MOm's when swaeting has got to be my favorite. My Mom s from the south and comes up with some crazy sayings sometimes, but I've never heard the popcorn fart one:) LOLI am stopping by from FMBT! Hope you can do the same!Happy Mothering!
http://motherhoodthetruth.blogspot.com/

Liz said...

Not to be nit picky, but my dad always said (especially at breakfast and when fasting) "I haven't eaten' since yesterday and tomorrow will be the third day."
I hope everyone is feeling better. Tell Savannah and Rheesah good luck in school, I hope they like their teachers.