Monday, July 5, 2010

Lylah Rose Bristol


July 3rd, 2010@ 12:30pm
7 lbs, 2 oz
19.5" long

Does anyone really care about details? I will make it short. Labor started after the doc did a little stripping technique. Isn't it nice that that sounds totally different than what it actually was??? I was already dilated, and needed a four hour antibiotic treatment before I had her and my labors go super fast!! This one, however didn't. Went in at 12:00am the night before. After one hour of contracting, there was no change. I was all for going home, getting some laundry done and laughing at the girl in the curtain next door when her doc sends her home too. It was her first, so she was NOT laughing about going home. Anyway, the doc decides to keep me 'just in case' for another two hours and start the first round of antibiotics. I again, was all for going home then realized I was staying when my contractions were up to a six. Hmmm, I guessed I was having a baby. So much for the laundry.
A few hours later, the doc broke my water, and 45 minutes later Lylah was born. Of course we had to wait longer, she was posterior and causing back labor, but after my decision of going natural, I thought 'back labor?' hmmm, well why not?? Once she turned the right way, she was ready. She decided she would love to come only when every nurse and doctor was completely out of my room and out of earshot. Luckily he came in just in time to play catch.
Good thing I had my mom here to man the house. She was really helpful. I really missed my kids being in the hospital for two days, but It was nice when I could rest.
I am really grateful for this beautiful little girl. She is so special and we are blessed that she is a part of our family.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Awwww-SUPER CUTE!! Congrats! Well I am glad she is here safe and sound. She looks perfect!

Jon & Bridget said...

She is adorable!!! I can't wait to see her in person. For some reason I didn't think you were due yet! :) Congrats!!!

Lothiriel said...

AAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWW...!!!!!!!!

YES!!! WE CARE ABOUT THE DETAILS!!!!
I'd have been like the new mom next to you if I had been sent home!!! I remember, I wanted my baby to get here so bad!!! :D


CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! She's beautiful!!!

Lisa said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful!!

JoDee :*) said...

Congrats!!! She is beautiful!! I love the details too! Thanks!

Heidi said...

Rheanna she's adorable!! I didn't think you were due yet either. Of course it went by faster for me than you though. ;) I'm glad that everything went well. She's such a cutie. :)