I have been living by a few ideas that have really helped me during the holiday since I was heffing in at 260 pounds. Here they are...
1. Eat off a smaller plate.
2. Take small portions. Hence the smaller plate.
3. If you want something really sweet or really fattening, then have one small bite. I like to tell myself I had a huge slice of pumpkin pie, when really only one forkful was involved. This takes away my crave for the sweets and mentally I think, 'I had my fill'. This also lets you have the things you want without thinking you have to sacrifice all the good tasty stuff. If we had to do that, really wouldn't the day just suck?
4. Eating fruit in the morning takes away sweet cravings for the rest of the day. A yummy fruit smoothie builds your immune system, makes you less tired through the day, and if loaded with protein powder, or yogurt, keeps you full until lunch.
5. Lots of water and you will eat less.
6. Watch Football without feeling guilty cuz it is on Thursday, not Sunday. I know that has nothing to do with all the food, but I had to throw that in.
7. Exercise through football commercials. Its fun to do with the kids and there is about 20 minutes worth of commercials for every hour.
8. The best one that I have learned, if it be Thanksgiving or any day of the year, is focus on being healthy. If you focus on losing weight, then you just get frustrated and fall back into old harmful routines.
9. Get some workouts in and try to workout extra hard through the holidays. Even if it is a walk around outside. You have to start somewhere and you can't imagine the boost of weight loss you will feel not to mention all the extra energy. Focus on how you will feel when the workout is DONE!
10. And Seriously, have a ROCKING HOT Thanksgiving! We all have a lot to be thankful for. I know I do.
3 comments:
You go! I'm way too weak to diet during Thanksgiving. I'm calling it a "no point day"
They say the first bite is the one that really satisfies you! I agree with the small plate. That really does work!
Wow! I think official diets should start after the holidays, but Im happy for you. Thanks for coming to my blog--nice to meet you.
Post a Comment