Sunday, July 10, 2011

Memory Monday - The Sample Spoon

Bad Pic Quality. I blame the Spoons, not my camera phone...
Big Mama loves ice cream. I don't eat it a lot, so when I do, I don't waste my time on boring flavors. Come on, do I look, sound, seem like a chic who would be happy with vanilla? I didn't think so.

So, being that you know me better now, I will tell you of a cool place to get ice cream. Since I don't want to shamelessly plug I won't tell you who it was. **Cough**Cough** Uh-Huh...Cold-stone Creamery. 

It was a fun night. People, friends, my cackling aunts, family, and the same night as a formal dance at the local high school. Lots of prom princesses with there little tuxedo princes. Super cute.

We walk into the unnamed ice cream joint amidst laughter, high fives, and one girl wiping chocolate off the chiffon dress. As were standing in line, we come across the wonderful behind the counter helper. When I say wonderful, what I really mean is, the girl that wasn't asked to prom and know has to work because all the co-workers went which leaves her at the sorry ice cream store dishing fun scoops of ice cream to you guessed it, all her prom peers. Poor girl. I felt sorry for her at first.

My sorriness only lasted a split second when she looked sharply to me and my aunt and demanded our ice cream choice. Sheesh! She was so friendly. No wonder she had prom dates lining the block...

Anyway, my aunt quickly decided on a flavor. Being that my attention span is smaller than Lindsey Lohan's career, and one flavor for the entire visit just wasn't sparking and interest to me, I decided to sample everyone elses.

I see a canister on the counter with wording on the side. I quickly scan over the words reading "Sample Spoons". So I grab one and stick it in my aunt's ice cream awaiting the delish coolness. Just before I stick the spoon in my mouth, the stuffy No chance of becoming prom queen girl says, "Those are dirty!" I don't think she is talking to me, because why would they put dirty spoons in with the clean ones.

I know she's a smitten lonely no prom girl, but come on. That. Is. Gross!

"No I mean, those spoons are used." I stop with the plastic germ laden spoon almost at the tip of my tongue. I finally return the lonely girls harsh look as she points to the cannister that I finally notice clearly reading, "TRIED IT LOVED IT SAMPLE SPOONS"

I would like to point out the obvious USED sign. Could it be that this has possibly happened before?

WHY DIDN'T IT JUST SAY TRASH!!! Breathe, Big Mama!! Breeeeathe!!! 

Totally disgusted, I throw the ice cream spoon back into the canister.  Sure it wouldn't have been the end of the world, and lets admit it, with all the happy prom dates present, I understood the amount of saliva that would be passed around that night. Thankfully, it wasn't mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHHH man. It is just as funny as the first time. Seriously! I don't feel sorry for the lonely prom girl either.

Losing Brownies said...

Oh no! Glad it didn't make it into your mouth!