I am just now realizing how much crap I put my dad though. Literally crap. Like when I put a Baby Ruth candy bar in the bottom of the swimming pool for him to fish out. But this is not what this Memory Monday is about.
I can't believe I am admitting to such ridiculous, immature, time wasting stunts. Seriously Big Mama! Grow up!
No. I change my mind. They were hilarious! And I had a blast! And, as I get older, I still look for ways to torment my father. He deserves it. He created me, so blame him I say.
This particular time, is when I was traveling with him in his truck. I was like
Anyway, off we go down the road. It's quiet. I am lost in deep thought about something silly I am sure. He is driving while chewing on a toothpick. Suddenly he grabs my leg while yelling 'Watch Out' like really loud! I jump out of my seat. He laughs hysterically like as if he totally 'one-upped' me. Which he always thought he did. I beg to differ.
"Very funny, Dad." I don't get how he can totally laugh at himself like that.
Seriously, who does that?
He then needs to stop at the bank or someplace boring, I can't remember.
He left his cell phone on the seat.
What a dope! He always made it that easy for me. I grab the phone book under the seat amidst sunflower seed shells and quickly look up a few places.
Hit the menu key, go to contact, select edit.
There is always this little voice that comes into my head at about this time, that says, "No don't do it, he's gonna kill me if do it!"
Which I of course ignore and continue on. I continue to edit a few contacts. The name 'Wife' stayed the same, but for some reason when he dialed the number it took him to a place called 'The One & Only'. Of course he wouldn't recognize the name thinking that someone just picked up his wifes phone to answer it. He would then say, 'Where's Jill'?
Awkward Silence. Funny look on Dad's face. Me, out of physical range admiring the entertaining confusion.
'Are you looking for your Wife, Sir? Is she here?' the phone answering guy says.
"Isn't this Jill's Cell Phone?" Still totally confused.
"No. Sir. This is the One & Only Saloon. Do you think your wife is here Sir, because I can try to look for her."
"No!" He realizes finally he has the wrong number. "I am sorry, I misdialed." Embarrassed. He quickly hangs up the phone.
"What the heck?" He stares at his phone is mixed confusion. I look away as if I don't notice. Biting my lip trying so hard to keep it together. It was really hard.
So, what does anyone do when they have the wrong number? They look up the contact and dial it again.
Which he did.
"Hello. The One & Only" The same voice he heard last time.
He quickly hangs up this time. He literally thinks he is going crazy. Then he looks at me. I warn myself not to make eye contact. Which I did. I start laughing hysterically.
My Father, then realized what I did, say's a whole lot of things that I can't say on blog. He throws the phone my way demanding me to fix it.
I am laughing hysterically. I guess if I laugh at my own jokes, at least I know who I got it from.
4 comments:
I am a huge prankster too! I don't prank people all the time, but when I do, it's a big one! My husband still doesn't expect a thing when April Fools comes around. Haha!
LOL. This is too funny!! Great work! I am very bad at keeping a straight face so I'm bad at practical jokes. Im glad someone can pull them off.
SO, I went into my settings and I think I have it set up correctly to receive replys. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it!
MIT
That is too funny!! I would probably do that to my brother, but not my dad. He would be totally confused.
I was sure I responded! I'm losing my mind!
I have taken note of this prank and I will be using it against my husband, sister, and all others I can. OMG wouldn't it be a great trick to my mil?? OMG I am so going to send her to a 1-900 number!!!
Post a Comment