It would be great if you also jumped in and posted your Just One Change for the week, but we have to make these changes when were ready. If your ready, Jump in! It can be a weight loss change, an addiction change, or any other change in your life you know you need to make.
My Recaps.
Week One-Couch to 5K.
Week Two No dairy or Carbs.
Week Three. Buy A Scale.
Week Four. Sever Emotional Ties to food.
I am still working on trying to change my emotions with certain addictions in my life and was naive to think that that was a one week process. No Big Mama. Its not.
Take for example, the Hostess Cupcake. I may have had a few of these in my last few
I place the cupcake on the counter.
Not eye to eye, because that would make us equals. I stand above it so that it knows I am superior.
"Listen here fatty." This is me talking to the cupcake, not the other way around. "It's time you and I have a heartfelt talk about where you stand in my life."
It doesn't say anything back. Good. Appearantly it only talks back after you have ingested it.
Should I be worried that I had to establish the fact that the cupcake didn't actually speak back to me?
Oh, well. This is a mind trick. Go with it Big Mama.
"You tell me that your full of comfort. You say that I need a break. You also tell me that you will help me feel good, relax, and taste good."
Replied silence.
"But none of that is true." I am circling the cupcake now in total interrogation mode. "You have no power over me. You are not relaxing. You are very deceptive, and have more chemical uplifts than my ADD cousin on speed."
Silence.
"I do like the icing decoration on top, though. That is cute." I have to add that in. "But, just like dumping the sexy doctor. You have to go. Don't cry over me. You will recover."
Then I ate the cupcake.
Which may sound silly, but I was changing my emotion to it. And it worked! It's like I could taste all the chemicals this time and it was gross!! I no longer desire a hostess cupcake.
Victory!
Big Mama is gonna get skinny, one cupcake at a time!
Link Up!!
Plus, stay tuned, I have some awesome guest posters lined up, yo! (I seriously just did the YO thing! Ha!)
Do you have a story to tell about making a change that inspired greatness in your life? It can be anything! Email me at jerrhe04@yahoo.com

9 comments:
Maybe I should start talking to my favorite foods, too. :)
It's my first time to join, and I am excited already!
You're gonna get there, just keep it up and stay focus on your goal.. I am playing.
Thank you so much for just one change. My change last week was exercising more and a food diary. I stuck to it too and lost 3kgs. I am so motivated now.
This was what I needed to do it!
I am so thankful that you started this meme. I visited this a couple of weeks ago, but wasn't able to join till today.
One more change that I want to make, visit this site every week so that I may be motivated by the changes that others make in their lives.
Hugs,
Nathalie
I guess you showed him! Take that Cupcake! Rhe means business. I have a similar weakness for basically anything with chocolate in it.
My change this week if I can keep to it is no more tortilla chips, did you hear that NO MORE TORTILLA CHIPS, it still feels painfull
I feel like I've successfully gotten over my emotional binging, but I have been sticking to my low-carb plan so well and am stuck these past few weeks! Scale isn't moving and even though I'm more active, I feel fatter. What do you do to get out of a rut?
Emma @ Ready 2 Get Healthy
I think my Just One Change needs to be going to bed earlier and then waking up earlier. I've gotten into a really bad habit of going to bed super late and then not waking up to my alarm in the morning. Hope I can kick this bad habit! :)
You tell them, Sista!
Thanks fr inspiring me once again after emotional eatig messed up my one good change for more than a week..
Post a Comment