I am sitting with Rheesah at her parent/teacher conference. At the end of the meeting, her teacher asks her if there is anything she would like to tell her, or need her help on.
"Kyle(name changed) pokes me when were on the carpet, and I don't like it."
"Okay, Rheesah, remind me and I will move you away."
"Maybe he just thinks your cute." I reply with the normal Mommy reply.
Rheesah, defiantly replies, "Well, Daddy's Boss Mike (name changed) thinks your cute!"
This is where you hear a loud THUD! My head hitting the table in embarrassment with Rheesah's teacher thinking I am Hookin' it with her Daddy's Boss. Good Times.
I try to cover it with 'Rheeash, that is so inappropriate....' but the damage had been done.
I have a new dishwasher. I love it and it makes me happy! Here is why...
Every time I look at it, it makes me smile
Its very mobile
It has a habit of actually throwing the clean dishes out onto the floor...true story.
It has a great sleep mode
Downside, it has a problem taking care of its own waste, but I look forward to the next six months of correcting that...
I are going to skool to have me edumacation!! Yeeee--haaaaaw!!
(I'd follow that with Ride'em Coowboy!! But, that would be weird.)
I feel so old. First Week in Class, I over hear this conversation between 21 year old thinks she is hot girl that flips her hair too much and college boy that just likes the attention. They, of course, sit right beside me.
"Do you want to be my partner?" hair flipping girl asks. We had to buddy up for a class thing.
"Sure." College boy says and flexes his muscles.
---Okay, I didn't visually see him flex, but I know he did it.
Hair Flip. Cheesy Giggle. "Okay."
"Are you from here?" College boys thinks his muscles are getting bigger by the second.
"No. But my parents bought a house here so I live off campus in this really big house and no furniture. I don't even have any roommates. Just a bed with no bed frame. It's really lonely."
Another Hair Flip, with a smile form 21 year old girl that thinks she is hot.
This is where I threw up in my mouth a little bit.
I could see right through hair flipping girls intentions. I totally knew she had it for him. I was kinda curious to see how she would be different this week. When I arrive, I decide to go into the bathroom first, and guess who is lip-glossing herself in the mirror?? You guessed it, hair flipping girl. But instead of the sweat pants, stringy hair, and no make-up hair flipping girl from the previous week, I see curled hair, full make-up, and pretty little black dress hair flipping girl.
I roll my eyes with a secret satisfaction of hitting the nail right on the head. We chicks are so predictable, I totally knew she had it for him. And she did look really pretty.
Sitting in class 10 minutes later...
"You look nice today. Are you going somewhere special?" Boy asks.
"Oh, no. Hair was stringy, so I thought I'd curl it, and this is kind of an old dress. But that is so sweet of you to notice. You made my day!" Curled Hair flip and another giggle.
Get. Me. A. Bucket. Where we all this way at this age? Which I add, was not long ago!
I had to get white shoes for my nursing class. Then I realized that I am trying to train for a 5K. Then I realized even more that Jeremy is so supportive of my new edumacation, and he deserves shoes too. The he realized that he want's to run a 5K with me. So, in the end, we both realized together that we needed a pair of work/nursing shoes and a pair of running shoes. So we went to Jared's. Not the diamond's Jared's. The shoe Jared's.
Since my overworked Uterus got me a fat grant that pays for anything that gets me to school, I can say Thank-you Mr Obama for the shoes!
I just found out that Spell Checker DOES NOT pick up Obama.
That. Is. Funny.
It does, however pick up Obadiah, Obadias, Bamako, and Alabama.
My Aunt Peg got some Sketchers Shape Ups too, but she said they make her butt hurt. We'll see.
I am curious to check out what is going on with Hair flipping girl, and Flexing boy. It's like my Real Life Soap Opera.
Except I don't have to be immoral with the whole town, or die and come back to life like 20 times. I like it!
17 comments:
You will have to keep us posted on your soap opera!
I love it! I prefer to think I was never ever ever like hair flip girl. But we all know that's a big fat lie.
You went to Jareds???? My Jareds? I say it like I own the place, lol. I wish I'd have been there. Next time you have to come on the weekend!
Ok--you seriously make me laugh every time! Your to funny! I love your new dishwasher... :) Thank you for the good laugh today.
I was a teacher in my past life... and of kindergarteners and first graders, so I've heard many stories and comments that have embarassed many parents. For the most part I laugh internally (and sometimes outloud) but it doesn't normally cross my mind again after that. Kids say all sorts of things :o)
OMG I love it! Aren't the Shape Ups SUPPOSED to hurt your butt?? I wish you lived closer to me, we'd totally be hanging out!
This has got to be one of your funniest posts I think. It made me laugh out loud more than once. I know exactly what you mean about college kids and the fact that they don't seem to even care if everyone else around them hears all the nonsense that comes out of there mouths. Too funny, I totally sit there and try not to but in and say what im thinking. This semester is much better. MA's are majority women so we only have one lonely boy for all the desperate,hair fipping 21 year olds nearby, lol!! I'm glad to hear your enjoying school! I called and talked to your husband the other day :)
Hi there! We are your newest followers =)
We are also having a hop for FB and Twitter too! Hope you will come and visit at www.justmarriedwithcoupons.com
Have a great weekend!
I've left you something on my blog!
http://onebrownie.blogspot.com/2010/09/awards.html
I'm on my feet ALL day long, I work at a casino. As a result, I have plantar fascitis (sp?), bone spurs, and generally sore feet. A co-worker recommended the Sketcher Shape Ups, let us know how they work. I need feedback before I spend that much money!
I interpreted at ASU for a few years. Summer was the worst because those hair flipping girls would come to class naked. OKay, not totally, but pretty much. The floor was full of drool for that whole 3 months. Ugh!
Hi just calling by from your latest follower. Love meeting new bloggers. Love your post. So funny. Looking forward to reading more."Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
Proverbs 16:3. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend so far.Be sure to check my blog out www.jamarahcraftycreations.blogspot.com
Sarah.
Following you from the Sunday Blog Hops. Would love it if you came by my blog and did the same! www.jennifersikora.com
Blessings,
Jennifer
Hi- I found you on the sunday stollers- Hope you will come and retuen the favor and follow me too.
Wow what a soap opera. I look forward to hearing more about it lol. Thanks for linking up to Admirer Monday again.
Giveaway Blogdom
Good to see you on Follow Us Monday Morning! My posts of inspiring messages are now available on Twitter. Stop by and sign up!
http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/
Your killing me over here in Houston! You are so funny!
found you on the hop. following you now!
http://www.nickiwoo.com
I'm a new follower! Would love for you to visit my blog and do the same!
Post a Comment