
Well I missed church today because everyone has the flu. Luckily I don't. Thank-you given to the massive horse pill prenatal that I take.
If I start to feel like I might be on top of motherhood, then I am gently reminded as to how imperfect I am when the flu strikes everyone. I have been up the last three nights (although last night was more sleep than the others) and have been constantly worshipping the Ibuprofen/Tylenol switch-off every four hours between 1-3 children.
My point, this routine of trying to comfort sick, constantly crying, children will turn Super Mom into a crying puddle of mush in nothing flat until I was utterly convinced that I had ruined my life with Motherhood! It sounds pretty silly me saying it now, but that's how I felt.
There was this talk that I listened to by Julie Beck of the Relief Society General Presidency given last week. It gave me a lot of strength to know that I am not left alone nor have I ever been. This is a world of road blocks and the tender mercies of the Lord are here for all of us even when we feel exhausted to most sense of the word.
I am grateful to have learned this today despite being home, it gave me more strength to carry on!
No comments:
Post a Comment