bad news-savannah is and has been having major eye problems and needs glasses. this has been a problem since birth. when she ran into walls as a toddler, i thought she was just being funny! i bragged about her 'early personality' what a naive mother I am! i feel so cruel!
good news-she looks adorable in her very cute glasses.
she even tried them on kehlton.
more bad news about the glasses-since she has 20/20 out of one eye something in the thousands in the other eye, her good eye has done all the work her whole life. therefore, she has to patch the good eye to tell the other eye to get its lazy butt off the couch and go to work. forcing it to focus and correct itself through the glasses. the patch cost me a whoppin' $15!! which on a limited budget is whoppin! plus she picked out the glitter one. i really wish i would have thought to ask in the eye doctors office if the glitter shed. sheesh! naive 20/20 mother!!
the glitter shed, got into her eye, made her miserable, and left me feeling like a helpless mom who just fell off the turnip truck...yesterday! stay tuned ebay buyers! excellent sale of a miss kitty eye patch coming soon! With Glitter!!!
good news-this naive, turnip smelling mother, has the resources of a wonderful fifteen year old sewing machine and the world wide web. which really, will make anyone look like a genius! so i made a new patch. it worked and she was so excited that she took a self portrait for the world to see... i felt like mother of the year!!
in other news... kaylah entertained us with a strawberry fest. be careful you put a whole thing of strawberries there and they will be gone in less than minutes! she is a strawberry stealing monster!
savannah and rheesah's birthday's are ten days apart...
good news-you can throw one big bash around the 25Th and call it good with the friends! they got lots of gifts, played games, and we had a cupcake party!!WOOT! WOOT!
more good news!-when they finally sacked out they were exhausted!!
funny thing happened this week. there are somethings that just sneek up on you. like when your a kid and you think that your thirty year old mother is old. then all of a sudden...your thirty. this is where i would totally say something inappropriate and sarcastic. but its not coming to me. as i was cleaning their big messy room this week i found this. it needs no introduction.
WHEN DID MY LITTLE GIRL START THINKING ABOUT BOYS????
and worse yet, why does she feel like she should scold herself into redundant sentances in blue crayon?? oh dear, visions of training bra's with little pink bows are coming into my head!
rheesah left me a special note too, i had to hang it up.
Woomin now? whatever happened to 'mom'? gotta love it!
7 comments:
cute glasses and good job on the patch. i can't believe they would even sell an eye patch that would have glitter falling off. that's a disaster waiting to happen.
i will not think of boys. oh no. lol.
Don't get too caught up in the random notes you find. I found one where E drew a picture of herself looking in the mirror, sad and dejected, and saying, "I look as ugly." I was terribly concerned, and spent the next 2 weeks trying to carefully, nonchalantly grill her about her self-esteem and self-image. Turns out she hated the shirt I insisted she wear one day and just was expressing her emotions of the moment. It's good to be aware of what they are thinking, and check up on them occasionally, but one note does not an emotional crisis make.
Love the woomin comment. My 3 year-old tells me "You go, girl!" occasionally. Cracks me up!
aaawww...!!!
I love the eyepatch!!!
First Gross, about the toothbrush thing in the prior post. I hope you have clean toilets....
Cute glasses Nanny! I wish they had made glasses that cute when I was a kid. That is cool how you were able to work out the eye patch thing. I had to wear one ALL of the time and it was a big sticky bandaid type of eyepatch that I couldn't get off. I was going to a wedding so my mom drew an eye on it for me. Nanny's is much cuter and probably more comfortable. Hey it did the trick for me and I am still glasses free! Oh and Happy Birthday to both girls! Sorry, super long comment from the ready to pop, long winded, pregnany woman.
you always make me giggle- you are such a great mama! i would love to get 2-gether for lunch gie me a call-652-5918
First, you are right, your daughter looks beautiful in glasses:) Secondly, all those pictures just cracked me up. I love the nap picture. I don't know who looked more cozy, your kiddo or the doggie.
The notes were hilarious!! I think I tried to tell myself that same thing once. LOL
Those notes are so funny and priceless. The joys of girls growing up. I do know what boys are like and that's a bit scary. I love your posts, it brightens my day.
Post a Comment