Thursday, February 26, 2009

BOYS

Since Casey has come to our 'House of Girls' I realized just how many things are going to have to change when BOY Bristol (We still have yet to agree on a name) comes along. Poor Casey has really had to teach us the way a house with boys ought to be.

Here is my ongoing list of corrections to make.
1. Boys do not like princess or Barbie dishes.
2. Boys do not like to change their underwear every shower.
3. Boys can wear the same pair of socks despite repeated showers, clothing changes, or even temperature changes.
4. Saying things like, "Come on girls!" out of habit, of course, is not cool and will result in behavioral changes to emphasize strength and manliness.
5. There are always rocks and toys that I have never seen in their dresser drawers.
6. Their bedrooms smell funny.
7. Saying things like 'Dude', 'Sport' and 'Big Guy' are always preferred over hugging.
8. Spraying disinfectant behind the 'white throne' everyday for precautionary measures (no pun intended) never hurt anything.

I am sure there is more that I am missing, being that I am taught new things everyday. Today, at Wal-Mart, I learned that they have different diapers for girls and different ones for boys! Who Knew?!?

3 comments:

JoDee :*) said...

Ha ha ha! My boy does not like to change his socks either. EVER! This is list is very funny and oh so true!

Advice? The diapers for boys are better for a boy. Get those. And always make sure things are pointed down when putting on a new diaper. Pointed up means "I can still pee outside of my diaper."

Liz said...

lol, Boys scare me too. You will have to fill mne in if we ever have a boy. Good Luck, dude!

Becky said...

I just used luvs and they worked fine---the boy stuff though-oooo-it even starts at age two. Kanyon has learned to bug his sister in a way that she cries-he just is all boy. He is a little toad-but I still love him. Enjoy your little boy while he is young and not all over the place---:) j/k

Becky